Nov 17, 2008

NARRA, PALAWAN

Hi everyone. I've just arrived two days ago from a vacation in Narra, Palawan with my friend Minda and her brother Edgar.

Me and my friend Minda inside the Philippine Airlines plane going to Palawan
The municipality of Narra is two hours drive from Puerto Princesa City by their commercial van (mind you its a Toyota Hi-Ace van). The road is a two way lane but this does not stop the drivers from running at a speed of 100-120kph even on a zigzag road, making me so nervous (felt that my heart goes up to my throat in fear).

This is the map of Palawan
This is the map for the municipality of Narra, Palawan..

Not much had been written about this town but if you want to know a little more about it, please go to this website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narra,_Palawan

Narra is basically an agricultural municipality. Lands where owned thru the government land reform program, so it is unusual to hear people in this town without their own land to build their homes or to farm. I just hope that they will treasure what the government had given to them.

As I talked to some of the settler there, I noticed that most of them came from the Visayas island (Antique, Panay or Iloilo). They said they can travel via sea and it only cost them Php 550.

Suprisingly the cost of transportation here is high (minimum fare is Php 10 within the poblacion area). The only means of transportation in a municipality is tricycle which can bring you anywhere inside the town. Bus or van to go to another town ( Php 150 one-way from Narra to Puerto Princesa by van). It makes me smile to think that this does not stop me and my friend to go to Puerto Princesa practically everyday and travel for 4 hours (2 hours one-way).

Since I've stayed in Narra for 4 days ,I've got a lot of photos and memories to share with you but will post it in part. So more to come ...

No comments: