Mar 17, 2009

What am I Doing When I'm at My Hometown???

I'm not an urban girl, it just so happen that I have my job in the metropolis that's why I live here. Me and my husband are both raised in a rural area where life is simple and people practically knew each other. Once a month, we see to it that we go home to our hometown to relax and be away to the buzz and hassle of city life. My kids are always looking forward to this trip as it also give them a chance to enjoy the company of their cousins. For me, it is a time to bond with my loving mother and sisters. Talked and stories never stops, proving only how we miss each other.
This also give me a chance to take care and check on my plants which are all proudly blooming. We stayed in a very modest nipa hut (I think it needs some renovation) on our farm. Since it's located near a rice fields, it's refreshing to stay in it and dose to sleep (hehehe). Just like in yesteryear's, we used firewoods for cooking, but it was also equipts with basic modern appliances such as refrigerator, a television set, a karaoke and electric fan.

There are two nipa houses inside the farm, below is the main house.


While this one is just a small "kubol" where we rest and have a chit-chat with close friends.


This is what I'm busy of...


Me attending to my plants.

Some of the blooms inside the farm..

No comments: