Mar 2, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANAY..

Last February 27 is my mom's 79th birthday. And since it's a weekday we decided to celebrate it on a weekend (March 1). You know what, we have changed plan 3 times on how are we going to celebrate her birthday. Originally we thought of giving her a surprise b-day party at my cousin's resort with all of my mom's close siblings in attendance, it will be a simple barbecue party for her. Then after a couple of days my younger sister called me up changing the plan from a party to an out of town trip just to give my mom the experience of riding an airplane. So I scrambled in checking travel agencies and airlines for the most cheapest tour package for Bohol (we chose PAL Lakbayan offer). Good that I have this second thought in confirming the tour, since the next day my sister called me up again informing me that my aunt (mom's sister) is staying with my mother right now. You see my mom is now living alone in her little modest house outside the town proper. And at last, we ended up having this simple lunch at "Kamayan sa Palaisdaan" in Bay,Laguna. The place is known for its floating cottages (balsa) and delicious cooking of native viands specially those with coconut milk . But sad to say we won't fit into their floating cottages so we ended up in one of their function area.

Here are some pics to remember my mom's special day :

The birthday celebrant.. Meet my mom, Mrs. Julie Tobias Fuentes.






My family minus my eldest sister and my only brother (he's in Bahrain).

No comments: